This policy applies to the Pressing, Assembly and Tube Cutting activities undertaken by Liberty on the Willenhall Site which incorporates Liberty Pressing Solutions, Liberty Advanced Composites and Clydesdale Jones. It recognises that our activities impact upon the environment in a number of ways:
- Use of energy, in particular Gas and Electricity
- Raw material usage and management of waste.
- Noise generated by the manufacturing plant.
- Emissions to the atmosphere.
- Use and control of oil.
Our policy is based on our review of our aspects against their legal requirements and our desire to minimise any adverse effects on the environment and the earth's resources from these aspects in order to safeguard the health and safety of our employees, suppliers, customers and the general public.
To achieve these goals the ISO14001 Management System principles will be adopted. Liberty on the Willenhall site will therefore:
- Comply with all relevant environmental legislation and approved codes of practice relating to our environmental aspects.
- Assess the environmental aspects of all activities and endeavor to reduce the overall impact by either controlling or improving environmental performance.
- Sustain a programme of continual improvement in environmental performance incorporating suitable measures and monitoring techniques.
- Prevent pollution by incorporating best practices in the design and development of new products, processes and /or services. To avoid, reduce or control the creation, emission or discharge of any type of pollutant or waste and reduce adverse impacts on the environment.
- Raise awareness, encourage participation and train persons working for, or on the behalf of Liberty on the Willenhall site in environmental matters.
- Encourage development of environmental standards within the key supplier base.
This policy will be communicated to all interested parties on request in the performance of our Environmental Management System.